Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

Colouring with ProMarkers


We are forever being asked how to colour with ProMarkers. I'm not the best at colouring in or blending but I enjoy it and I'm always pretty happy with the results.

Milton the Dog was stamped on super smooth card in Memento,Tuxedo Black dye based ink pad.

Here he is below coloured with Satin as the base colour, I find it easier to colour from light to dark.


Next I have coloured most of Milton in Tan leaving area's lighter to add character. As you can see I'm not too worried about seeing the lines where it hasn't blended.


Now with cinnamon, colour under the left ear following the curve of his face. Colour a small band following the line of his nose then moving up the right side of his face to create shadow and a 3 dimentional effect.
I used Tan to colour his face, I left a panel above his nose untouched to create a highlight. 
Using the lighter shade (Tan) it blends the cinnamon into the first layer of Tan to 
Colouring over the cinnamon will blend the colours together erasing the lines seen in picture 1.

 Milton's body is coloured using the same method as his head. Cinnamon is added under his chin, left arm pit, arm under the bottle, under his belly and a little around his feet creating shadows.

Blend again with the lighter colour. To add more depth add more of the darker colour. When you've added more of the darker colour continue to blend with the lighter colour or a blender pen.

The colour used for the bottle was Olive Green, and the wine was crimson. To give depth I coloured over certain area's with the same shade. 

I like to add a bit of grey under Milton's feet to stop him floating on the page. And a bit blue to break up the white back ground. 

Let me know if you find any of these pointers helpful. Please watch this space for pointers with colouring pencils.

Jody x 

No comments:

Post a Comment